Purpose of Effective Preventive Maintenance
Maintenance evolve from French word “Maintinir” which means hold/sustain/up to date, is the preservation to the extent of level where any unit remains serviceable. We maintain buildings to serve the purpose. We require maintenance to enhance the life of structure, for safety and convenience of users, save money- to prevent from unplanned expenditure.
• Preventive maintenance can extend the life of building components thus sustaining building value.
• Helps buildings function as they are intended and operate at peak efficiency, including minimizing energy consumption.
• Prevent the failure of building systems that would interrupt occupant’s activities and delivery of public services.
• Sustain a safe and healthful environment by keeping buildings and their components in good repair and structurally sound.
• Preventive maintenance can prevent minor problems from escalating into major system.