Exposed Aggregate Concrete
How to Style Up Your Floor with Exposed Aggregate Concrete
If you have concrete floors in your home, you might look forward to styling it in different ways. Exposed aggregate Concrete is a popular way of styling. In this form of concrete, cement is mixed with stones and pebbles and these are exposed to the traditional smooth finishing of concrete surfaces. You can expect to find plethora of colours and designs in the concrete, which is one of the major reasons for the popularity of the aggregate. If you have to renovate the floors, or if you want to break the old floor and create a completely new construction for your house, then you can try out this type of concrete flooring.
Check the Concrete before you start the Installation Process
Before going for it, it is a great idea to check out the features and characteristics of the Exposed aggregate Concrete. This in turn will enable you to get an idea of the reasons for the popularity.
- Many people do not like slippery floors because it is often the cause of injuries. However, the rugged nature of this concrete reduces the slippery and reduces injuries, especially for kids.
- Being made of a composite material, it has great strength. Despite changes in climate and weather conditions, it can withstand these changes easily. Consequently, it adds to the overall lifespan and durability of the floor.
- It is important that the concrete floor gets dried up fast, so that the texture and the design remain intact and unblemished for long years to come. Also, it is important not to use any chemical adhesives or cleaners on the exposed aggregate concrete, as this damages the quality of the floor.
- No technical procedures are involved, and you will just need an understanding of mixing the materials. Accordingly, the whole process will turn out to be easier for you, as a whole.
Concrete and its advantages when compared to Marble and Granite
You must not be surprised to hear that often Exposed aggregate Concrete is compared to pieces of marble and granite. For concrete, the beauty lies in the decorative appeal, and this can either be natural or manufactured. There are many customisation options with which you can get the desired concrete level that you want. It is placed in the floor and the outer skin is removed to uncover the decorative aggregate.
- It is highly durable in nature
- It is resistant to any form of skids
- It can be used in wide varieties of flat-work applications like patios, driveways, sideways, pool decks, etc.
- Exposed aggregate Concrete can even be used in decorating walls, making sound barriers in walls and making architectural facades.
Therefore, by now, you must have become aware of the fact that these concrete comes up with limitless potential, and it can be virtually used anywhere. Though the process appears relatively simple, yet it is best to leave the work in the hands of the professionals. They are proficient and knowledgeable, and accordingly, they can help you with some of the best ways of placing the concrete.
Exposed aggregate Concrete will give the hard surfaces a great finish, something you cannot expect to get from any other material. Even if, it gets wet, it will not create an impact on the durability and the resistance. The exposed material will brighten in the sunlight, thereby making the outdoor area very attractive. It is essential to call in the professionals to get the best variety of exposed concrete aggregate designs, and you must assign the task to them only after negotiating about the complete price range.