- This event has passed.
URBANSCAPE : Urban Furniture Design Competition by BOUN
January 10, 2018 @ 12:00 am - February 20, 2018 @ 12:00 am$35
Urbanscape is the manifestation of the built environment of cities.
BOUN Serves as a unit block for UNI in the field of furniture design. It will be a platform for experimentation and conceptual exchange of ideas for furniture designs happening at various levels. The program intends to bring out some extraordinary design ideas and designers across the globe to help them in realizing their great Ideas.
Through the theme, ‘Urbanscape’, we seek to explore urban furniture designs that not only enriches the built environment but also improves the quality of such interstitial spaces. Furthermore, the design should suit and enhance the beauty of an urban setup. It should be a forward-thinking product with the intent to create a useful, functional and sustainable product. We expect original, creative and innovative ideas to furnish such interstitial spaces without ignoring the existing problems.
What’s best for the left-over spaces from our criss-crossing cities infrastructures?
“Urbanscape” (urban landscape) is the representation of physical built environment of our city. What we observe today in our urban landscape is timelessly rising skyscrapers that has overpowered the smaller elements in our city that has equally contributed in defining our urban landscape.
Urbanscape not only refers to the configuration of built forms but also the elements that define the interstitial space.
In today’s urban landscape timelessly rising skyscrapers have overpowered the smaller yet equally important elements in our city. Through the “Urbanscape” theme we are exploring the urban furniture that enriches the built environment and improve the quality of interstitial space.
Prizes & Rewards for Urbanscape –
- Winner: 1500$ in Cash, Sponsored ticket to BOUN Exhibit and an opportunity to showcase your product to rest of the world.
- 1st Runner Up: 1000$ in Cash
- 2nd Runner Up: 2 x 500$ in cash
- Honourable Mentions: 10 x Scroll of honor and publication in our Bi-Annual Digest
- Shortlisted Entries: All shortlisted entries will be featured on our website, exhibited in BOUN Exhibit and will get a participation certificate.
- Publications: All medal holders, and winners will get an elaborate section of publishing in
the Bi-annual Digest and on our partner websites
- Realisation & Promotion: Fabrication and Marketing opportunity with royalty in association with UNI.
Jury Members –
For more information, download the details here.